More than ever, achieving economic success requires a well-educated population. Our schools are the foundation on which Atlanta’s future is built and in order to ensure a strong foundation we must have strong leaders on our school board – leaders like me, Raynard Johnson.
A native Atlantan, raised in historic SW Atlanta, I attended Atlanta Public Schools M. A. Jones Elementary, Beecher Hills Elementary, graduated from Southwest Atlanta High and then matriculated to Boston College from 1977 – 1981 majoring in Computer Science.I have more than 3 decades in the IT software development field with the past 13 years as an IT Project Manager responsible for successfully managing projects.
I know how vital it is to exercise good judgment and fiscal responsibility on a daily basis. Likewise, it is important that the Atlanta Public Schools district be operated as efficiently as possible so that every student in every classroom at every school has the opportunities to learn in a safe environment of excellence.With more that a decade of service, I have been a member of the Local School Council of Continental Colony Elementary and am currently a member of the PTA for all 20 schools in the 5th educational district.Today, I will focus on:
- Reducing classroom size to promote better learning
- Creating employment opportunities for students with a vocational education
- Providing access to nutritional foods in APS District 5 food desert communities
- Creating transparency and parental accountability within APS
- Addressing problems of human sex trafficking in APS communities
It’s this type of forward thinking leadership that best serves our students.Please help Raynard Johnson’s election campaign today by donating at the level of your choosing through the ticket option on the following EventBright page.
Or you can send a check or money order payable to:
Raynard Johnson for Atlanta
1878 S. Gordon St., SW
Atlanta, GA 30310
Contact info. Email: info@RaynardJohnsonForAtlanta.com or via phone: 404-855-4642 Ext. 2.
- It’s about children, not power, prestige or politics.
- It’s about opportunity, not privilege.
- It’s about our future, not just our history.
- It’s about showing, and not just saying, that every child can learn.
Your investment in this campaign will be most appreciated. Your support will be vital! Thank you.Your for APS,